• Imperson

Meet the Holiday Rush with a Customer Service Chatbot


We’re barely into November, and already about 25% of people have most or all of their holiday shopping done. That still leaves 75% of shoppers considering which retailers to visit for the best deals. With fewer people shopping in person this year, online retailers have a major opportunity to pad their profits this season. In fact, the biggest challenge might be meeting unprecedented demand!


Prevalence of Mobile Holiday Shopping


Just as the pandemic has accelerated the adoption of remote learning and working, it has also led to a steep rise in mobile commerce. A report from App Annie estimates that US consumers will spend more than 1 billion hours shopping on Android devices alone — a 50% increase over last year. This rise in adoption wasn’t expected for another 4 to 6 years. PayPal has also recorded it’s best quarter ever, with a 29% year-over-year increase.


Findings from eMarketer suggest that mobile sales will reach $314 billion this year, accounting for 44% of all e-commerce sales. And according to data from Sezzle, 80% of shoppers are relying more on mobile since the start of COVID.


Creating a Better Browsing Experience


With so many consumers depending on mobile devices to safely shop this holiday season, it’s imperative for retailers to optimize their sites for mobile search.


This goes beyond creating a responsive site that adjusts for smaller screens; it’s about creating a user experience that’s easy to understand and provides opportunities for assistance. When shoppers enter a store, there’s an expectation that there will be associates on the floor available to answer questions and find the right products. So, why do so many brands neglect to offer this level of personalized care on their mobile sites?


To create a better mobile shopping experience, retailers should provide automated customer support services such as chatbots. These customer service chatbots answer questions and provide guidance just as a store employee would. Even better, the chatbot has access to the company’s product knowledge-base, providing faster, more accurate information than a seasonal employee with minimal training. And, unlike an overworked associate who’s running around assisting multiple people, shoppers don’t have to go looking for a chatbot — it’s right where they are.


How a Customer Service Chatbot Meets Demand


In this time of unprecedented demand for mobile shopping, retailers need to provide an experience that surpasses expectation. Unlike a physical store, that requires time and planning to visit, online stores can be accessed and abandoned within seconds. This is why creating a welcoming, easy to use interface is so important. If your site isn’t user friendly, customers can easily move on to the next one.


Customer service chatbots solve this problem by asking customers what they’re looking for, directing them to the right products, and answering questions along the way. They do the work for the customer, creating a seamless experience all the way to checkout.

Ready to start the conversation?

Find out how Imperson can help your business.

CONNECT

Imperson Inc.

10000 Washington Blvd.
Culver City 90232
California, USA

 

info@imperson.com

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn

©2020 Imperson Inc.